domingo, 27 de julho de 2014

Oblivion (Phase Two)



From the soft warmth

of your exquisite mouth,

I drink a powerful,

drab,

cold

and bitter-sweet poison

of forgetfulness.

An eerie sting

of pain

heals me

from the dreary

and throbbing claws

of gloomy memories

that keep on insisting

to ascend

from my abiding past.

Those memories,

some previously more vivid

than others,

then, slowly

start fading

into a sweet

and colourless haze

of welcome oblivion,

that ends up,

eventually,

vanishing into the air

and healing my pain,

but not without leaving

some of its deep scars…

No more unsolicited

reminiscences

coming up alive

into the pale

deserted

sand dunes

of my mind.

No more recollections

of a reality

that used to be good

for nothing at all.

There is now only

a desolate emptiness left…

the immense

and comfortable void

of Lethe…

My life is now

more than ready

to be shaped

and wrought

back again

into its unique

and distinct outline

and colour...

after all...

1 comentário: