segunda-feira, 31 de janeiro de 2011

Ride

I ride fierce winds

And thunder bolts,

Fighting wild beasts

And startling thoughts,

While I face ghosts

I am not scared of

Anymore.

I bring anguish

And I bring solace,

The aching pressure

And warm touch

Of fingertips

On bare skin,

Rising chills

Up the spine,

While I slowly

Knead the pain away.

I ride horses

That cannot be tamed

And passions

That should not be controlled,

Making sweet attempts

To bring stillness,

Where there once

Were blowing storms.

I (just like you) had

My heart broken

Uncountable times,

Before the pieces

Were mended

In a puzzle of pain,

To allow them

Finally ascend

-Alive and anew-

From flames

That burned inside

My soul,

Like the Phoenix

Born and risen

From its own ashes,

To a fresh

And praiseworthy life.

I have touched

Strings of hatred

And distrust

To produce sounds

Of sweet harmony

And pleasure

From the cold

And tensioned steel,

Bringing a silent torrent

Of screams

That flooded

The mind and the eyes

Of my sweet

Candied loving one.

I ride the fears

Of your untouched spirit

And find myself

Missing emotions

I have never had,

While a question

Comes straight

From the reason

Of my mind

To the essence

Of your feelings:

‘What is it,

After all,

That are you so afraid of?’

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário