domingo, 9 de outubro de 2016

The Secret Files


- There's nothing bad about them... nothing to be ashamed of. They are very good, to tell you the truth.

- But they are not good enough. They’re just studies...

- You are such a hard person. I can’t argue with you to any further extent. You’re too perfectionist…

- I just think I need to practice a lot more... that's all...

- You know it better. But if they are studies, they are better than a lot of what you see around.

- I think it will sound arrogant, if I agree, of course. There is still a long way before I consider myself happy with the results of those...

- I surrender.

- And I have to laugh. What is the point of arguing with someone who gives up so easily?

He laughed. He did it to incite a reaction.

- Open those 'secret files' once. You will be surprised!

- I need to think about it...

- Please, do it. It will be really nice.

The so-called secret files were nude studies in various styles and techniques, which I used to make for fun, but that I did not show to but a few people. Insistence was part of the process in which we have worked together anyway for a time then.

- Not all are butterflies. There are other things around you… around us.... Butterflies are gorgeous, but there is so much more than that... There is no reason to be afraid of anything or even be ashamed of in showing the pictures... There is nothing wrong with them... It’s quite on the contrary!


- I'll do my best...

- As long as you don't stop making them...

And then, after some thinking, I decided to open the secret files. It was not only a matter of courage, but also acceptance on the quality of the studies. I knew they were not as good as I wanted, but in a certain way, with time, I should be able to see or notice a substantial change in my work.

Some of the components of the secret files are shown below.

(The female figure is based on an original by Dusan Djukaric).







1 comentário: