terça-feira, 19 de março de 2013

A Heart of Steel



Wondering if there was a key

To unlock that door

That would consent one to go

Into the heart

You said is made of steel,

I asked myself if

There was a place

In your fearless soul,

A smile to open up,

A touch

And a whisper,

That would allow me

To glimpse

What was behind the disguise

You wore

Over your true

And concealed self.

And when that song

Played again,

I saw your eyes

Shining bright

And your grin

Revealing how sweet

You could be

-Even more than you ever tried

To admit to anyone.

You held your chin,

You looked away

And pretended not to care,

But your smile

Undoubtedly showed me

What was truly going on

Through your wandering mind.

And when you looked

At me, again,

My own heart

– Uncontrollably –

Melted away

And I dared

To ask myself

How could I ever resist you?

And knowing all of these,

It was impossible for me

To believe

Your heart was made

Of anything even close

To the hard,

Unbreakable

And cold steel?

3 comentários:

  1. A new poem for an old acquaintance... What is it that hides beyond appearances?

    Enjoy...

    ResponderEliminar
  2. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    LOVED IT! Elcio, este é minha cara!!! Até parece que foi feito pra mim! Beijos saudosos

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. ~Josie, Josie... tu és uma figura! Ainda bem que te reconheces...somos muito parecidos e sabes disso...

      Eliminar